Alliance for Women in Media Membership
To be successful, we need you. Keeping the concerns of women at the forefront of national and industry leaders will take all women and men in the industry working together. There is so much to accomplish, and we need to do it together. We would love for you to become a member of our organization.
AWM serves as a strong voice, speaking up for the participation of women in our industry. Networking, professional development, and the opportunity to give back are accomplished through local and national programs, publications, and charitable initiatives. These resources will help keep you informed about programs and developments that affect you in your job. When you take advantage of them, you’ll have new tools for making and maintaining professional contacts.
Membership Renewals: Now is the time to join or renew your membership to the Alliance for Women in Media! Remember, you must be a paid member in order to vote for the Awards of Excellence winners, presented at the Gala. The final date to join or renew your membership in time for our next Gala is March 1, 2013. Click here to fill out the form and renew your membership. If you have any questions, please email Paulette Hopkins or Jennifer Burk.
Here are some of the benefits of AWM-DFW Membership...
- We provide our members a local forum for personal and professional development and an opportunity to build leadership, public speaking and group decision-making skills.
- AWM is an excellent networking tool via fund-raisers like Battle of the Broadcast Stars and Awards of Excellence Gala.
- We are a non-profit 501C6 (pending 501C3) Class organization.
- AWM is affiliated with and helps support Dream Fund.
- AWM created and awards the Irene Runnels-Paula McStay College Scholarship (in the fields of Broadcast, Journalism, Advertising, etc.)
- We support student career education outside the classroom and internships through our Annual Student Media Tour.
- Our Awards of Excellence allow our market to recognize stellar work in “unsung” but important job categories such as selling, buying and management.
- While the market-at-large can nominate candidates in any Awards of Excellence category, only members can actually vote to help determine the recipient.
- We have adjusted our membership fees to better enable media businesses and individual professionals to join.
Annual Membership Fees:
- Professional: $60
- Young Professional (3 years or less in the industry): $40
- Student: $30
- Retired: $30
If you choose not to fill out our online membership form and pay online, please click below to download the pdf version of the application. Once completed you can email it to one of our Membership Chairs (listed below) and they will contact you directly for payment options.